Sunday, July 26, 2009

Megan's baptism





























My friend Megan was baptized today. It has been a bittersweet day because her family is moving to Utah this week. I thought for sure I'd be able to watch their kids grow up here. (How many times have I said that?! Our ward is very transient.) The Wrights have been wonderful friends, have made numerous contributions to the Arlington Ward, and I was lucky enough to buy my condo from them. Megan is a delightful little girl and has a smile that doesn't stop. She will definitely be missed. Maybe she'll go to college in Boston or serve a mission here...

6 comments:

jksfam said...

They're moving to Utah?!? At least you've lived by them longer than some transient people (we won't name names, though...). Cute family picture!

rebecca said...

It's so hard to imagine the Arl Ward w/o the Wrights.. they'll be SO missed! Great family picture, Ellen!

LL said...

UTAH?! why? :)
Gorgeous family!!!

amydear said...

Ooh, so sad they're leaving you! Why does everyone go back to Utah? And I can't believe Megan is 8! I didn't realize she was Jillian's age. What a cutie.

balmforth.family said...

I'm so sad they're going. I can't imagine going back and not seeing them. They will be missed. Some people should be required to sign "not allowed to ever move" agreements.

anna said...

wow. I cannot believe that they are moving. What a lovely little family. Clarke and I still talk about what a good Sunday School teacher Marie was - sheesh, that was forever ago.