Sunday, July 19, 2009

Elder Kyle Duke








































Today was Kyle Duke's (non) missionary farewell. The seminary teacher spoke, there was a men's chorus musical number, Kyle's brother Taylor spoke and the youth sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth". Then Elder Duke spoke. Kyle's talk was amazing. His dad died when he was five years old and he talked about how that had impacted his life, the support and love he has received from the ward, and that he knows he will see his father again. It was a very powerful talk (one that should have been taped). All I can say is Washington State-----watch out because you are about to get one nice, humble and prepared missionary!

Note: I wish I could photoshop his brother Wes in that "siblings" photo. But, Wes will be meeting Kyle at the Salt Lake City airport tomorrow and going with him to the MTC on Wednesday.

7 comments:

LL said...

ohhh, I wish I could have heard his talk. Sounds fabulous!
We had an amazing meeting in our ward today too...
Hooray for the Sabbath!
Best of luck Elder K. Duke!!! His dad must be so proud~

rebecca said...

I am so glad that we made the drive in for Kyle. Kyle's talk was one of the most heartfelt, beautiful talks I've ever heard. And I couldn't agree more... he'll make an amazing missionary. Wayne thinks the world of the Duke boys he got to know through YMs, we love Erin for loving our Grace in Primary, & Amy is my idol:) It is so great to see such joy in her life and to see her kids rise up and be who they are....and she's so down to earth! We love the Dukes! :)

Amy D said...

What a great day! We love those Dukes and I can't believe Kyle's old enough to go on a mission. Which mission is it in Washington state? I have a cousin that was just baptized in that mission (I flew up to her baptism) and her husband is now investigating the church. Wouldn't it be amazing if Kyle/Elder Duke was assigned to their ward? By the way, your picture really made me miss the other and more amazing Amy Duke. Please tell them hello from me.

amydear said...

I wish my Kyle and I could have been there. Congrats to Amy on THREE missionaries. Wes is in my brother's ward at BYU. Small world, huh?

Melanie said...

I can't believe Kyle is that old... I still picture him as a little kid! I wish I could have been there to hear his talk. What an INCREDIBLE family!

Mandy said...

Isn't he only 12? Congratulations to the Dukes! What a great bunch!

Chelsi Ritter said...

i wish we could have heard him speak; missionary non farewells are always so inspiring!! it was great talking to you last night.