Friday, March 06, 2009

The Berkshires, located in the western parts of Massachusetts and Connecticut, is both a specific highland geologic region and a broader associated cultural region. The region is also referred to as the Berkshire Hills, Berkshire Mountains, and, with regard to its physiography, Berkshire Plateau. Sir Francis Bernard, the Royal Governor, named the area "Berkshire," to honor his home county in England.  Tourism is a principal industry, relying heavily on cultural art attractions and recreation.

Wikipedia didn't mention NAPPING, MOVIES, FOOD, TREATS, ANTIQUING, PROJECTS, or RELAXING but those activities will be in abundance.

5 comments:

Turbo said...

Sounds like a pretty good time.

Swoopref said...

...also known as, "The Sticks".

Drewmeister said...

Have so much fun out there. Wish I could come out with you gals.

Karen said...

Enjoy...with a capital E!

{jane} said...

hey ellen, thanks for commenting on my blog, it's fun to meet you! my husband will be so proud that i have met a blog-reader from boston, he is a die hard red sox fan...

and, fyi-we live in a gated neighborhood named "The Berkshires," I only wish I was having the experience you are in the real Berkshires! enjoy the naps, treats, and relaxing! At this moment my four kids are here, with four friends...yes, EIGHT kids I am entertaining between blog reads.

happy blogging!