Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cake, craft and compliment

Every few months I get together with my friends Natalie and Nicole to bake a treat and make a craft. Today we made chocolate cake pops (they seem to be all the rage right now) and covered canvases with fabric (f-art). We always have a fun time together. I met this family nearly 13 years ago when they moved to Boston (pre-Natalie and Nicole; their oldest brother was one) and we have been good friends ever since.

Natalie and Nicole's dad whispered this story to me: Last night when he was putting Natalie to bed he said, "tomorrow is going to be a nice day" (nice as in 50 degrees) and Natalie replied, "I know, Ellen is coming over."

Note: the cake pop picture is kind of lame. I took these with my smaller camera. My fancy camera is in the shop again getting the flash fixed. :(

6 comments:

rebecca said...

cake pops are addicting little devils. I love them!
Love the fabric canvas art too. Sounds like a fun day.

Unknown said...

Those cake pops look delish!

Melanie said...

Not looking at cake pops, not looking at cake pops.

Fabric art looks wicked cool!!

Melanie said...

We prefer Oreo balls to the cake pops. Instead of using a cake mix you crush a package or Oreo cookies, then mix in the cream cheese. They are divine!

Janae said...

I'd like one of those kind of "nice days."

Chris and Kim said...

Your cake pops looked so good that we decided to make some ourselves. They turned out great!