Friday, December 26, 2008

Piling up the Christmas loot


















This is a very important picture. It was taken with my first camera (a Kodak instamatic of my very own)! On the back of this picture I wrote: Ellen's Christmas Gifts - 72. I remember those gifts like I got them yesterday. The gold cap, hair ribbons, "American Gothic" puzzle, red bandana, blue furry slippers, a stuffed mouse, oil lamp, candy and a few other things. It makes me sad to see my green stocking in this picture. My Aunt Shirley made us each a stocking when we were born and though I remember having it my first Christmas in Boston, it has disappeared. We always got candy, nuts, and an orange in our stocking. I think that's a pretty fancy display of my gifts on a beautiful gold chair.

3 comments:

gigi said...

You've got such a great memory. I could never remember all that stuff. Love the gold chair!

LL said...

how great is THAT!
you've always been loaded.

(speaking of, i still haven't sent your $) WILL DO!!!

Wendster said...

How fun that you still have that photo! Too bad the stocking is still in hiding. Maybe it will turn up even yet.
Loved the nativity of clay and the trip at night for tacos. The snow, the snow covered bridge with lights .. .your blog always has the BEST photos.
Merry Christmas Ellen! and Happy New Year!

Hey ... do you have any posts with the Boston temple in snow?