Saturday, December 27, 2008






















I've been waiting months to see this movie and I went on Christmas Day (I even went the day before to buy my ticket!). My brother Robes worked with John Grogan (the author of the book that the movie is based on) at the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel and I've met John. Just another Brush With Fame. I really enjoyed the movie.

Yesterday I received John Grogan's Christmas card via email. Here is part of it: In 2008, we added a new member to the family menagerie: Woodson, a Labrador retriever puppy who had a role in the Marley & Me movie. We fell in love with him on the set in Miami, and several weeks later, after shooting moved to Pennsylvania, the producers presented him to us as a gift. We love him to death even though he gives old Marley a run for his money on the mischief front. Just this morning he snatched a dozen eggs off the counter and bit into all of them before we could rush in. “Bad dog, Woodson!”

2 comments:

LL said...

how neat. I love that this movie was more of a personal thing for you.
I'm looking forward to seeing it with the kids, we'll go sometime this week.

Becky said...

um...dogs are totally a LOVE/HATE relationship. I know...I have to pugs. This looks like a fun movie.