Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fixing stuff

My vacation is fleeing by and I'm trying to cross off lots of things on the 3-page "to do" list. Yesterday I took my diamond necklace to a local jeweler to be repaired (it broke a year and a half ago). It will be done in two weeks. Two weeks? Doesn't he just have to drop the diamond into a new pendant?! Yesterday I also took my sewing machine in to be serviced/repaired. It was no small task getting to the South Boston shop only to see a big sign on the window that they had moved to Quincy! I wasn't happy since I had called to find out their hours and there was no mention of a new location. Oh well. I got back in the traffic I had just been in and found the new shop. The good news is he repairs the machines quickly and it was ready today! All that for $45. My machine is humming and I'm getting some projects done tonight.














My friend and I had lunch (at 2:45pm) at Famous Dave's which was worth the drive to Braintree. They even gave me $5 off my meal since I was a first-timer. The ribs were delicious!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Yes they were. Fun day!

gigi said...

I so need to have my machine checked out but am just to lazy to take it an hour away to Jax. Maybe that can be a goal for this year.

Diana said...

What is this a picture of? I'm clueless!

Unknown said...

I have this nagging urge to get things squared away and fixed when the new year creeps up, too! I hope to get at least one of those things crossed off my list! Happy New Year ep!!

B Flat Major said...

We have a Famous Dave's by our house that we like too. But I never got $5 off for being a first timer. You underestimate your feminine wiles, EP!

Melanie said...

Famous Dave's is THE BEST!! I had no idea there was one in Braintree. Did you eat the cornbread? It is SOOO good!