Saturday, December 20, 2008

the ONLY place to eat














My friends and I decided we'd brave the storm and snow and go to dinner. At 10:30pm. We were starving! We called a few places (Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, The Border Cafe, even Bickfords) and no one was answering the phone. And then I called Bill & Bob's. They are usually open until 2:00am and the guy said they were open and, "We're not going anywhere." So my pregnant friend cleaned off her four-wheel-drive car, picked me up, we picked another friend up, and drove to Bill & Bob's and enjoyed a late night dinner. Tacos never tasted so good!!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

What idiots would do that?

rebecca said...

LOL...I know just where that is.

gigi said...

You are a brave.

LL said...

FUN you crazy woman! ;)

Unknown said...

Well... for having the word 'famous' posted on their billboard, I'm not in the know, I guess. (No food poisoning afterward?) The fun is the spontaneous friends who go looking for eats after hours :)

Alecia said...

Oh, that's awesome! I love it! Nothing tastes better than a meal achieved by surmounting an obstacle.

Becky said...

glad you made it home safely. would you go again? if i'm in town next time your hungry, i want to be picked up too. :)

B Flat Major said...

I'm not familiar with Bickford's, but the way you say, "even Bickford's" makes it sound like "we even called the Dump, but they stop serving after 10 pm." :-) I'm glad your tacos were good.

Wayne said...

I think that was the first meal I had after we moved into the Arlington Ward. It had been a long day moving and I was tired, hungry and not too familiar with the area. It was late and nothing else was open. I scarfed down a roast beef sandwich. Good memories. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago.

Unknown said...

What else is there to do at 10:30 during a snowstorm??

It made the food taste that much better.