Sunday, December 07, 2008

One small glitch: the pillow













We got on the road last night around 10:30pm hoping to be back in Boston by 2:30am at the latest. It was snowing when we left the Big Apple and by the time we got on the Merritt Parkway there was a bit of accumulation but we were traveling about 30mph. After some discussion and a prayer we decided we'd be better off staying at a motel and returning home today so we got a room at the Milford Motel. My friend asked the desk clerk if we could have extra bedding and he said if he gave us another sheet/pillow it would be admitting that there were more than two of us in the room and apparently he had given us the "trucker's discount". The picture is of my pillow.

I'm back and I need to work on the finishing touches for my lesson today. All I can say is Women who know and do MORE get in trouble. :)

8 comments:

Becky said...

hope your neck isn't too stiff. i need LOTS of pillows to survive the night. glad you are home! :)

gigi said...

Good Grief! Glad you are safely home.

LL said...

your a good sport! looks like a FUN weekend, regardless!!!

Unknown said...

I'd say an adventure with all the toppings was worth a night without a fluffy pillow. Besides, driving late at night in a snowstorm is kind of magical. Especially when you're with fun friends. (Did any of you give the desk clerk reason to believe that you were actually truckers?)
;)

TheMarquisMustache said...

wow, now that is roughing it! Glad it all worked out. It was good seeing you today, but yes it was all too short!

Christy said...

I'm not surprised you were the loving soul to give up the real pillow for the backpack. Knowing fun friends.. you probably drew straws on who was forced to use the pillow as opposed to sacrificing! That's what friendship is all about!
beautiful pictures to capture the city

Margaret said...

Ellen, I missed your lesson, baby girl was sick and puked her guts out at Auntie Liz's birthday party that afternoon. I really wanted to hear your thoughts on "women who know." I guess I'll just wait for the RS recap!

Unknown said...

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. What if you just LIKE two pillows?