Sunday, December 07, 2008

New York City!

















































Here's how the day went: leaving Boston at 6:00am, driving to Manhattan, buying a day subway pass, taking the subway to Macy's, a delicious eclair (for $6.49!), finding the Clark shoes I was wanting ($25!), walking all over the Christmas department (ornaments, nutcrackers, decorations), extending the meeting time so we could do more shopping in the huge store, taking the subway to Canal Street, one of my college roommates recognizing me (I haven't seen her in 26 years!), Purl SoHo (the coolest fabric store EVER!), eating lunch at John's Pizza, riding the subway uptown, strolling through Central Park, riding the carousel, Dylan's Candy Shop, walking down Fifth Avenue, Niketown (enjoying some great deals using my brother's employee discount), the American Girl Store, Rockefeller Center, Anthropologie, taking a taxi to the Shake Shack, asking for a hot dog with EVERYTHING which included a VERY HOT hot pepper!, eating outside in the cold, riding the subway back uptown to the parking garage, enjoying delicious creme brulee at Cafe Lalo before driving home. It was a wonderful, fun-filled, magical day! I LOVE NEW YORK AT CHRISTMASTIME!!!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

You know how to party in NYC! What fun. I'll have to drop by Pearl SoHo sometime. Sounds amazing! Christina's making Wes the purl frog for Christmas:)

Becky said...

next time take ME! :) I'm jealous.

gigi said...

How fun was that! And running into soemone you haven't seen in 26 years! Now that's a fun filled day.

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds TRULY magical! Next time I'll be hopping in your oversized day bag. (I'll treat you for another eclair!)

shellydinger said...

I definitely need to experience NYC the Ellen way. So jealous!!

Kim said...

Dang!

Amy D said...

Our neighbors were in NYC this weekend as well, and I thought of you guys having fun there several times. It sounds like a blast!