Monday, September 15, 2008

Twins turn 30!
























































I met these two clowns when they were 9! They are two of my favorite people in the world. I took them to the Hill Cumorah Pageant (when they were 10 or 11) and I'll admit when they got in the car I couldn't tell them apart. Within a half hour I knew which was one Cris and which one was Bryce--and I've never forgotten (Cris was the one yanking on my seatbelt)! We stopped at the Baseball Hall of Fame on the way. They could have cared less about baseball and kept running up and down on the escalator! I thought for sure we'd get kicked out (we didn't)! Then when we crossed over the border at Niagara Falls I turned to them and sternly said, "I don't want you to open your mouths." [I had visions of them telling the Border Patrol that I wasn't their mom and then dealing with the ramifications of having someone else's kids in a foreign country.] The Border Patrol asked me my nationality and I told him "United States." He turned to the boys in the back seat and asked them the same question and looking scared stiff they both replied "United States" (and said nothing else) and we eased back into the country! It was fun to watch them grow up------I loved going to their track meets, birthday parties, scouting events, missionary farewells/homecomings, wedding, etc. They are great guys and I hope they enjoy celebrating their 30th birthday(s) today!!!

10 comments:

balmforth.family said...

Happy Birthday Cris and Bryce!!

jksfam said...

The border story is funny!!! Happy birthday to the clowns!

Cris said...

Thanks ellen!

Unknown said...

twin girl legs, then a birthday for twin boys! What's next, make way for twins at the common? You're funny. I would have loved to be a fly on your seatbelt on that trip to Canada.

Anonymous said...

I just think how obnoxious I must have been when I get wonderful callings like scoutmaster, den leader, etc. Thanks for putting up with us and keeping us on track over the years!

Swoopref said...

You were both a handful... but happy birthday anyway!

Jim and Lisa said...

That's hillarious! I wonder if it would work today...

Lisa Michelle said...

I just saw this post, Ellen - you have some great pics!! :) Have a great week!!

klap said...

he he he....what memories!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Yep--that is pretty funny!