Monday, September 01, 2008

Strawberry ice cream

End of summer...homemade ice cream...














I googled "strawberry ice cream" and found this recipe on the Cuisinart website. I was easy to make and deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! [I must admit I only allowed the strawberries to macerate in the juices for only 1 hour instead of 2 since I started this little project at 10:00pm.] I scarfed down a bowl and put the rest in the freezer...for later.

It was good to see beyond vanilla for a change.

5 comments:

Angela said...

that is so funny. I was going to make that exact ice cream recipe this weekend. But I forgot to freeze the bowl, so tomorrow night. do you think it is okay if the strawberries macerated for more than 24 hours? because they are! Oh, and I bought some dark chocolate from Trader Joes to shave/crumble into the mix. Can't wait.

Darcee said...

Yum. That sounds so good right now.

amydear said...

mmm, I need to get our cuisinart ice cream maker out. It's almost pumpkin ice cream time! I should try blackberry ice cream.

Watauga Relief Society said...

yummy!

amy said...

Put some photos in Lightroom and just start tweeking around - it does some cool stuff. If you've got it you've got to use it. Ask me any questions. Do you have a web cam?