Thursday, September 25, 2008

My simple life

I received an "urgent notice" recently from the BYU Alumni Association requesting me to call a number to update my contact information for an alumni directory that is being published. "A brief telephone call will ensure your listing is completely accurate and up-to-date." I found the postcard tonight when I was going through my work bag and decided to call.

The guy on the other end of the line confirmed my address, phone number, email, and asked a few more questions. One of the questions was if I wanted to add a spouse or children to my profile. "Nope" I answered.

Then he said, "You're just keepin' it simple."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Women who know do less!" by Julie Beck. "Keeping it simple" has its' advantages. To have time to cherish the moments that are important.

Elisabeth said...

That is a funny comeback.

Blackeyedsue said...

Sweet!

Leslie said...

Love your response.

I got one of those cards too. It's for a book that you have to purchase. I haven't updated mined yet. I'm keeping my life simple and NOT buying one more thing that will collect clutter. Fabric is another issue.

amy said...

Simple life? You? You are one of the most active people I know.

Judy said...

You should know, it's not BYU's deal. Since I serve on the alumni board I knew what Harris Connect was trying to do so I didn't call them. Hope they didn't pressure you. But, it is good that you have updated your info.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you should have made up a spouse and kids and given them crazy names or something (Honoroable Dr. Professor husband the fourth). Or have like 17 kids, and be insistent that they all make the form. But I suppose being honest was fine, too.

Anonymous said...

Wah hah!

I was mocked for having so many kids. Then they asked me if I wanted to buy a special super deluxe, gold-leafed collector's edition of the directory for, like, a million dollars. With a free CD.

Natalie said...

That is Awesome!