Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Press zero to speak to an operator

We get a lot of interesting calls in our office (I'll leave it at that). Today an elderly woman called and she was very upset about not being able to reach a "real person" on the phone. (Actually, I don't blame her; it frustrates me too.)

My two favorite things she said were:

"We do not want to hear this stupid man. It drives people nuts."

And referring to her attempt to speak to a real person at the university up the street (Harvard) she said, "What are these guys, roommates or cousins? They sound the same."

4 comments:

Diana said...

Ha ha. I love the crazy phone calls!

Marilyn said...

That is hilarious. I don't blame the woman, I get so frustrated with the exact same thing.

Unknown said...

Good one.

1) Yep, I"m jealous you live in the East. (although we do have the glorious mountains and meadows and aspens) Love it there! Especially in fall. So feel free to blog as many lovely fall things you wish.

2) Are you on Facebook?

3) Your blog makes me smile. Thanks!

4)Have any contact with any other 48th warders?

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on MY blog -- and from you, the BLOGger Queen. One rarely does....so danke.