Friday, September 12, 2008

Scoot over









This afternoon I went across the hall to get a document from a printer. When I opened the door and started to walk back across the hall I was immediately HIT by a student riding a scooter in the hallway (Read: BIG NO NO). The student began apologizing profusely as I stood there in shock and eventually she rode away (she was probably shocked too). I have a sore arm and am still a bit shaken from being hit. My manager had me fill out an accident report and wanted me to go to MIT Medical but I had plans after work and didn't feel like it was so bad that I needed to see a doctor (maybe I should have).

So, when they say no riding scooters in the hallway, THAT'S WHY!

7 comments:

gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gigi said...

Gosh! Sorry about that. Those odd accidents seem to be the hardest to get over. Hope there is no lingering after effects.

Natalie said...

At least it wasn't a hit and run, or ride. I hope you will be okay and make sure you look up when you come out of those rooms. I bet you never gave her a cookie, that's why she hit you!! :)

Britt said...

I think it is important to note that this collision did not happen in the hallway of an elementary school. What in the world!?!

Unknown said...

that's one I've never heard of... so people really do scooter in hallways? I'm sorry you got hit. I can't believe someone's mom isn't patrolling the halls yelling 'put that down before someone loses an eye!'

Unknown said...

Dave used to ride one of those around campus! Can you imagine???

I don't think he ever did it in the hallway though.

Sorry you got hit.

Swoopref said...

You should have stayed down and waited for the firefighters.