Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Olympics story #3

Larceny of official LA 1984 Olympics signage
by Anonymous (you know it's not me because I can't swim)


We went to the Closing Ceremonies. On the way home, we spotted a sign to the swimming venue (we all swam on our local swim team). My dad pulled up to the curb, but when he realized that the sign was posted too high for him to remove, he asked this random guy walking down the street if he would climb on my dad's shoulders to help him remove (read: STEAL) the sign. My dad paid him $50 and we drove off with the loot. We posted the sign next to our swimming pool at home.



3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sineage?

I'm feeling better about my spelling... or repeated misspellings on your blog.

I thought maybeit was "Santa".... but that would have been gymnastics, right?

Darcee said...

I can't believe that story about your dad! Hilarious! What cool memories of the '84 Olympics!

Anonymous said...

signage