Saturday, August 09, 2008

New England road trip


















My friend asked if I wanted to go with her to the Jerome Liebling: Seeing Real Things exibit at the Smith College Art Museum in Northampton and we went today. It was a great exhibit and a really fun day. We did some antiquing after the museum (I bought a cool adding machine, some small pyrex casserole dishes, and a red handled pastry cutter) and found one of the best fabric stores I've been to in the state (The Textile Company in Greenfield). I'm definitely going back to that fabric store! We stopped at a farm stand, had soft serve ice cream and enjoyed lunch at a Mexican restaurant in Northampton and then headed home. There's nothing better than a New England road trip!

7 comments:

gigi said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a fun day.

Anonymous said...

I heart New England!Everything but your summer/winter weather that is! Can't wait to visit. Where exactly is that fabric store?

balmforth.family said...

What a great day!

Frozen Cacti said...

I knew I was going to miss being there this summer. I'm SSSSOOOOO ready to come back! Thanks for the fun pictures to help ease the pain.

jksfam said...

Those raspberries look AWESOME!!!!!

Amy D said...

That last pic is my favorite. What a fun day you had!

Cami said...

I think we were on Rte. 5 at the same time. After Tanglewood, we stayed in West Springfield and then hit the Holyoke Mall on Saturday.