Friday, August 01, 2008

My friend Luke





























































My friend Luke was born in the Arlington Ward and soon after that moved to northern California. Almost two years ago his family returned to the Boston area (the return of some Red Sox fans!). I saw Luke a month or so ago and asked him to let me know when his baptism was. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an invitation from him in the mail. That is Luke's art on the program cover and his grandparents were telling me that he organized the whole program and even made phone calls to invite people to give talks and prayers. What a great 8 year old! I will always remember Luke's baptism.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I think that's the best program cover I've ever seen. I'll have to keep that idea tucked away for a few years (especially getting the child to plan the whole thing).