Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spillage on the subway

This morning when I got on the subway I remembered that the book I was reading was on my couch at home which added to my frustration; the top of the list being that I can't get my palm pilot to sync (imagine me w/out my palm pilot...).  Luckily I had an overdue library book with me so I read a chapter.  And then I felt something on my leg.  I looked down and the lid to the travel mug of the guy next to me had fallen off his mug and was on my wool skirt and so was some of his pineapple mango smoothie (it could have been that but didn't smell that good).  He was very apologetic and embarrassed.  I was annoyed and didn't even bother looking for a kleenex.  Whatever.  After I got off the train I thought I should have asked him for money to clean my skirt.  And then I realized what I should have said was "No worries; I barfed on the T once and it got on someone.  Have a good day."

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I hate it when that happens. I have two experiences of public barfing — but I don't want to bring it up, again.

Jim and Lisa said...

In DC they don't allow you to be eating or drinking on the public transportation. People are pretty good about following that. I had a very disgusting train experience about a month or so ago and had nothing to do with throw up. It was GROSS. I love public transportation!!

Wendster said...

Dag nab it! And wool is such a bother to clean.
Sorry about your wool skirt and your palm pilot. Hope tomorrow is better.

Chelsi Ritter said...

did you really? no offense ellen, but that's pretty disgusting. i'd love to hear the story....