Sunday, April 27, 2008

The branding of John Deere














I know John Deere makes tractors but I didn't know you could buy John Deere fabric until I was on vacation recently in the wild, wild west. This is a re-cap of a conversation I had in Wal*Mart as the young woman was cutting some pink and white striped John Deere fabric I bought to make something for a friend in Boston (who incidentally loves John Deere--and cowboys).

Me: I don't get it -- why all the John Deere fabric (there was quite a selection)?

Sales lady: Oh, people just love John Deere. My sister-in-law loves John Deere. Well, she's not really my sister-in-law but she's been with my brother for five years. She says she wants to ride down the aisle at her wedding on a John Deere tractor.

Me: [Speechless...]

Tonight I made this drawstring bag and two napkins for my dear friend who loves John Deere.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

Very cute...yeah, I don't get the John Deere thing either. I'd love to go to a wedding where the bride rides a tractor down the aisle though. How hilarious!

Chelsi Ritter said...

ellen the bag turned out so cute!

Jodi and Jesse said...

My dad loves John Deere too! I need some of that fabric! :)

Wendster said...

OK. But only if it's an INdoor wedding.

Amy D said...

Ya, I'm with you. I don't think I've ever seen pink and John Deere together. However, you did a great job with the bag!

Diana said...

That is too funny!

Alecia said...

that's awesome. I understand it, but you could just chock it up to my Texan-ness.

Unknown said...

I come from a John Deere family too!

I used to ride with my grandfather as he drove around his John Deere tractor.

Good Times!