Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cousin Marie




































On Thursday I drove to Nephi with plans to visit the cemetery to take pictures of grave stones. My mom reminded me that her last living cousin lived in Nephi and encouraged me to visit her. I debated about going by and then realized I'd regret it if I didn't. I found Marie's house, rang her doorbell, and told her who I was. She smiled and invited me in. She's 94 and was delightful! I gave her some of the cloth napkins I made and brought with me and she loved them and we talked about sewing. I'm so glad I went to see her! I think she was a bit uncomfortable with me photographing her but I kept clicking away with both my digital and film cameras (these pictures are from my film camera)! I used her bathroom and wished I had taken my camera in with me; she had a booster toilet seat and her bathroom counter cluttered with medicine, cream and kleenex--both reminded me of my grandparents' house. She probably wondered why I was taking a picture of her phone but it was a classic! Visiting Marie was definitely a highlight of my trip.

1 comment:

Sandman said...

Great pictures ... especially the one of her hands.