Saturday, March 29, 2008

Out Route 2

My friend Alicia and I went on a drive "out Route 2" today in search of Petersham, where Emmeline B. Wells was born. A friend mentioned there was a "general store" and we found it (it's a small town!) and ate lunch there. Then we ventured to the town of Orange and found an antique shop and I bought a cool shelf/cubby for storing fabric (I will post photos as soon as it has some fabric in it). Then we found an OLD Wal*Mart where I bought some fabric (Barb took so long to cut the fabric I felt like we were old friends by the time she finished) and a NEW Wal*Mart where I picked up a few necessities and we headed home. It was a chilly New England day but a perfect day for a road trip.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

You should have picked me up on your way out and saved me from my full day of cleaning house:):) Sounds fun, esp. your cubby find!

Amy D said...

All those pictures of New England make me homesick!

Janika said...

Looks like you had a great time! We'll have to make the trek out there again sometime soon. I'd love to find out more about where Emmeline lived and studied. Isn't it cool that we live in the middle of so much history?!!