Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The B.T. Express


















Eleven years ago tonight at 8:46pm I called my brother Robes in Florida.
Robes: Hello.

Me: Did you get the results from your MRI?

Robes: I have a brain tumor.

Me: Get out of here!

Robes: How do you think I feel; I had to come home and tell Kim and the kids.

And that was the beginning of the ride on the B.T. Express.

As soon as it warms up here (it's got to be at least 50 degrees--I'm a wimp!) I'll start "training" for the 25 mile bike ride for The Brain Tumor Society which is on May 18th.

6 comments:

rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rebecca said...

Good luck with the BT bike race...that is an incredible tradition and way to honor Robes. You're a wonderful sister!

Amy D said...

So sad. I was just thinking about your bike race this morning. I wish we could do it with you! That really is so nice of you to do for Robes.

Unknown said...

Those calls are the worst and you never forget them.

The bike ride is a great tribute to him.

Wendster said...

How much do we hate brain tumors?

We hate 'em.

How much do we love Robes? And doing commemorative bike rides?

We love 'em!

What a great idea. I'm sure Robes would be happy that you are helping the effort to eradicate BT's.

Anonymous said...

R O B E S P A T T O N !!
THE ULTIMATE COOL DUDE!!
Your spirit lives on . . .
Love you El,
Carla