Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One year anniversary

One year ago today my friend Judianne's niece and two nephews and their two neighbors died on the way to school when their car slid off an icy road in Idaho and into a frigid retaining pond. Earlier today I found this article that talked about the community celebrating their short lives by attaching balloons their favorite colors to mailboxes. I was so touched when I drove up to Judianne's house and saw these 5 balloons attached to her mailbox. I wanted Judianne to know I had been thinking about their family on this sad anniversary day. God bless the Walkers and Probsts today and every day as they miss their children, grandchildren, siblings, and cousins.











When I got ready to leave Judianne's youngest child was busily preparing something in the kitchen. She was going to serve us some food on a plate while we were visiting but I had to leave. Instead she put the things on a paper plate and gave them to me to bring home. That's so sweet!










I'm thankful for all my friends, young and old!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

I love Judianne. I remember this accident last year and was moved by the love and strength of Judianne and her family...extended included. I can't imagine losing a child, let alone multiple children just like that. I hope they feel the comfort they need throughout their lives.

Quinn said...

We are thinking about the Walkers’ and the Probsts’ as well. Our prayers are with them.

I also love Coki’s food selection. What an offering. The carrots look especially appetizing.

Wendster said...

What a nice way to remember them. With balloons to celebrate their lives.
Was that peanut butter on the carrots?
Young people have that special way of doing things that I just love.

balmforth.family said...

I didn't know that was Judiannes niece and nephews. That's too bad. I remember the acciedent it was so sad.

Drewmeister said...

My brother-in-law and his family knew the Walker's and Probst's well. I'll pass this post on to him. What a nice way to remember lives cut short.

Rebekah said...

This is Mindy Hardy's sister and a cousin of Judianne's. Thank you so much for your posting.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. Mindy told me about your photo cards long ago and I've been a fan ever since.

Alecia said...

indeed, a bittersweet day, very thoughtfully recalled. thanks for the photo.