Thursday, November 09, 2006

My bad luck

I was going to write about how I went to an appointment today and didn't have to pay for parking in a lot (there's no such thing as a free lunch but there is free parking!) but then this seemed like a better story:

I have ordered a few photo books from shutterfly.com. I made one for my friends after our trip to the red cottage. I made one for my niece and her cousin after the bike ride. I made one for my friend for her 30th birthday. Recently I got a notice from shutterfly that they had had some new book sizes and that I got a free 8x8 book. Yeah! I decided to make a book for me filled with pictures I’ve taken of kids. I uploaded over one hundred photos and then spent a few hours arranging them on the pages. I was very pleased with the end result. My little redheaded friend Aaron is on the cover! I've been looking forward to getting the book in the mail and was thrilled when I got an email that it had been shipped. Yesterday when I got home from work there was a UPS sticker on the front door that they had attempted to deliver my package (they won't leave things here w/out a live signature which is one draw back to living in a locked building). I called UPS last night and asked them to re-route the book to my work today. This morning UPS called me at 8:00am to tell me that there was an error and they didn't re-route my package and what did I want them to do. I suggested they buzz #232 or #233 and one of my neighbors would sign for it (thanks Lisa and Luna). When I got home tonight there was a UPS sticker on my door that said, "#232". I knocked on Lisa's door to get my book. I’ve been so excited to see this book and it had finally arrived! Lisa told me she left it right inside my condo. I opened my door, picked up the package and went into the living room to open it. This is what the cover of the book says:


I am not a Garwood, Sanders, or Blackmore. And I didn’t take the pictures in the book.

I just called Shutterfly. At least they have a phone number for customer service unlike most companies. The customer service rep said they would reprint my book and send it to me (I gave my work address this time). Then he told me to "disregard the item we sent you." Are you kidding? I’m displaying that 2005 Family Album with pride on my coffee table. I hope the Garwoods, Sanders and Blackmores are thinking they lucked out getting a book of fabulous photos of cute kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny, Ellen! It looks like they got the better end of the swap!

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story !!! I wish that I had gotten your book by mistake. We love your photos !!

Unknown said...

That is classic! I burst out laughing when I got to the end!

Dawnyel said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you had a good sense of humor over the whole situation! :)

smart mama said...

your pics are much better