Monday, August 01, 2011

Sheryl White 1944-2011
















My friend Kimberly's mom passed away last Tuesday after a brief battle with cancer. Her funeral was today. I'm still stunned by this loss.

Sheryl was scheduled to return to Boston a few weeks after Mat's funeral to be with Kimberly and her boys but she was too sick. She had surgery, did radiation, and was scheduled to start chemo in a week or so. I called Sheryl a few weeks ago. She thanked me for sending cards, explained that her voice was weak from the radiation and said good-bye. The call lasted maybe 20 seconds. Kimberly and her boys were able to spend some time with her in Oregon 10 days before she died.

Sheryl was a gem. She will be missed.

Click here to read about the day I took Sheryl to Maine (the last of the 50 states for her to visit!).

Click here to read her obituary.

4 comments:

jksfam said...

Wow! That is so sad! What a year for Kimberly. My deepest condolances to her and her children!

Monika said...

One Lovely Blog Award from me 2u.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WFss8aL-HJ8/TjczXCowHBI/AAAAAAAACQ0/uD52xsLo1DE/s1600/lovely_blog.png

You should in response nominate 16 other blogs, and write 7 facts about yourself.

Unknown said...

She had such a full life!
So so sad.

XO

allyeb5 said...

Wow! I am so sorry to hear that. You and Kimberly and her boys are in my prayers.