Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Magnificent Obsession


















When I was in high school a group of us ended up hanging out at the Royal's house one night. Brad Royal started telling us all about this book he had read called Magnificent Obsession. He went on and on and on--which I didn't mind since I liked him.

I got the movie this week from Netflix and watched the first half last night.

Here's the summary: When churlish, spoiled rich man Bob Merrick foolishly wrecks his speed boat, the rescue team resuscitates him with equipment that's therefore unavailable to aid a local hero, Dr. Wayne Phillips, who dies as a result. Phillips had helped many people, and when Merrick learns Phillips' secret, to give selflessly and in secret, he tries it in a ham-handed way. The result further alienates Phillips' widow, Helen, with whom Merrick has fallen in love. Merrick's persistence causes another tragedy, and he must remake his life, including going back to medical school, in an attempt to make amends and win her love.

Love. Tragedy. Watch it!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You know I will be adding this to my list:)

Unknown said...

I thought you were going to tell us something about how you were the cute red head on the cover, and he became magnificently obsessed with you.
:)

Nicole Jeannette said...

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!


If you're interested, I have a Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog! I'd love it if you stopped by!