Saturday, August 27, 2011

Calm before the storm











I took this picture early this afternoon at Robbins Farm Park in Arlington. It looks kind of eerie.

I dragged my 72-hour kit out (who keeps theirs in a big rubbermaid container?!?) and the canned food expired in 2001/2002. Oops! And I have some D batteries (from the dollar store -- who buys their batteries at the dollar store?!?) but went to a few stores today to by some name brand ones and nobody had any D batteries. I should be OK. I stocked up on Pop-Tarts and vienna sausages (and plenty of other food).

I'm hoping and praying that my BIG window doesn't break, that the electricity doesn't go off (for too long), that there's not much flooding and that everyone is safe.

Go away Irene!

3 comments:

Lori Lyn said...

I'm hoping and praying that big my window (floor to ceiling, wall to wall, doesn't break either.

Unknown said...

why didn't you mention your bargain rack shirt, huh?

Rachel said...

Seriously in love with your window, glad it survived the storm :)