Friday, August 20, 2010

REd Sox REfashioning













Tonight was my friend Alicia's bridal shower. I wanted to make her gift--something Red Sox-y. She's crazy about the Red Sox (she's the female version of Jimmy Fallon in "Fever Pitch"). I went to the fabric store and all they had was Red Sox fleece fabric. I asked about cotton fabric and was told that nobody sells the Red Sox licensed fabric anymore because someone stole the trademark and so they don't make the fabric anymore. I had an idea of what I wanted to make for her but I couldn't wrap my head around fleece placemats. Bummer...

Then I remembered my pillow cases. Years ago my sewing cousin Julie sent me a pillow for my birthday. And 14 pillow cases. Let's see if I can remember them: birthday, Christmas, Halloween, flowers, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween,...well, you get the idea. AND, there is a RED SOX pillowcase!










Sorry Jules, but I cut up the Red Sox pillow case and made two placemats. They turned out pretty cool, if I say SEW myself.

4 comments:

Jodi and Jesse said...

They are fabulous!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT idea-r.
Use it up, wear it out....
excellent.

JulieBug said...

i forgive you for cutting up the pillow case! oh, july and august are on their way...july..you make it and decide (no need to cut up anything, pieces all included)...august...THIS ONE IS PERFECT FOR YOU...i found the fabric andwas torn to what to make..hope you love it (and there's extra fabric inside for your stash..so you won't have to cut it up to make shower gifts!!!:>

Anonymous said...

more REd sox fabric?!