Sunday, August 29, 2010

WHO'S TAYLOR DUKE?!?


Last summer I went to New York City with two friends. We drove in Friday night and went straight to the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. The line was a mile long (well, not quite but I wasn't going to wait for 2 hours to get a hamburger) so we drove to the Shake Shack on the Upper West Side. As we were driving around looking for parking I saw my friend walking along the street and yelled, "THERE'S TAYLOR DUKE!!!" (Taylor is a kid that grew up in the Arlington Ward -- I've known him since he was 4.) My friend said, "Who's Taylor Duke?" She thought Taylor Duke was someone famous! To me he is!! Taylor went to BYU, then West Point, then on a mission to Armenia, back to West Point, he did Ranger training and now he's in Iraq. His mom sent me this link today. She thought The Guardian was a local newsletter--but it's a famous London newspaper!

9 comments:

balmforth.family said...

We saw this on facebook. My kids LOVE it. Actually, we're all pretty proud. We all have part ownership of him right? :-) We've showed to everyone that's come over! My kids say it looks like it come right out of a movie.

jksfam said...

Cool picture! (Unless, of course, he's supposed to be wearing that helmet!) :)

Sweetpea said...

Taylor is looking pretty studly in his uniform! I hope he's doing okay, prayers going his way from this house. We've been there.

Janae said...

That is an awesome picture.

amydear said...

Wow! I didn't know Taylor was in Iraq. I will have to keep him in my prayers. He is a pretty amazing young man.

Alicia said...

See.....I knew he was famous!

Karen said...

Great picture!

rebecca said...

What an intense picture, even though he's not fighting. I pray he comes home safely!

Amy D said...

Erin and Taylor both posted that pic on FB and I LOVE it. Couldn't be prouder!!!