Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My map is back































My big map is back! My friend Michelle*, an amazing architect, re-framed the map and helped me hang it. I love it! It's a map produced by the Boston Globe in 1962, with marks where they anticipated retails stores would be in the greater Boston area. I think it's a really cool map! I found that POST OFFICE sign at one of my favorite antique shops in Templeton, Mass., and I've been waiting to hang it under the map.

*Years ago I saw a book shelf in the Pottery Barn catalog and asked Michelle if she could help me make one. See that book shelf under the map? She designed it and "helped me" make it (which means she did it...while she was pregnant with her 4th child and serving as the RSP---she's amazing!).

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

That looks great!!

Unknown said...

I am loveing it!!!

Unknown said...

I know an RSeP who's pretty amazing...

shellydinger said...

I love the whole atmosphere of your apartment. Have you ever watched American PIckers on the History channel? I think it's right up your alley.

LL said...

VERY COOL!!! love that map.

BunchesofBradys said...

The map looks awesome! Good job Michelle!...and Ellen.