Friday, December 14, 2007

Yes, Nancy, there is a Santa Claus!



Today I received a Christmas card ("For a special daughter--Snowbody makes me smile like you! Merry Christmas, Love, Mother & Dad") and money order from my parents (Nancy and Bob) today with this note: This is a modest gift for Christmas. Some modest suggestions for use:

pay a bill
buy stamps
a book you've been wanting
a pizza or maybe 2 plus friends
a movie and popcorn
gas in the tank (ours is hovering at $3 a gal.)
Good Will offerings
re-sole shoes if anybody still does that

What a nice gift from my very nice parents!


P.S. That is my mother with a Salt Lake City St. Nick (in the early forties?).

5 comments:

Amy D said...

What cute parents you have!

Melanie said...

Your mom looks so much like you!

Jim and Lisa said...

I thought that was you! What a great picture!

rebecca said...

Very nice! ...and what a sweet photo.

Kristin said...

I agree, you do look like alot like your mom in that photo! What a great Christmas gift!