Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmases past



This picture was taken at our Patton grandparents' house in Long Beach on Christmas Day 1966 (the film was developed in Jan 67). We got a lot of presents that year! I remember all our presents had nice ribbons and bows on them. The secretary in the picture is the only piece of furniture I have from that side of my family. It's downstairs in my condo!



This picture was taken at the Van Nuys III Ward Christmas Party in 1971 (the film was developed in Jan 72). I don't remember what part I was playing but the "presents" are Rachel Madrid, Sherry Whipple, and Debbie Klawitter (who had a twin named Denise). I wonder where those gals are...



This is a very important picture. It was taken with my first camera (a Kodak instamatic of my very own)! On the back of this picture I wrote: Ellen's Christmas Gifts - 72. I remember those gifts like I got them yesterday. The gold cap, hair ribbons, "American Gothic" puzzle, red bandana, blue furry slippers, a stuffed mouse, oil lamp, candy and a few other things. It makes me sad to see my green stocking in this picture. My Aunt Shirley made us each a stocking when we were born and though I remember having it my first Christmas in Boston, it has disappeared. We always got candy, nuts, and an orange in our stocking. I think that's a pretty fancy display of my gifts.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

ellen, I love your green stocking and I know we sported the same yarn/ribbon. Those are some fun pictures!

Diana said...

I love these photos, Ellen! You were (and are) a cutie pie!

Amy D said...

I love that ribbon! I had some just like it. How fun that you still have all those pictures. Great memories!

Kim said...

Thanks for the sentimental journey. It's nice to slow down for a minute. Kim

Sweeney Household said...

I have a favorite stocking as well...

Anonymous said...

If you want to see your green stocking again come to my house. Mine is Identical to yours, but it says Anita instead of Ellen. I can't believe she copied my original!!!
Cousin Anita