Monday, December 10, 2007

Be thoughtful


One of my very favorite Christmases was in 2001. Thanksgiving weekend of that year my boyfriend and I spent a day in Maine. We did some antiquing and he noticed that I admired some Pyrex bowls (yellow, green, red, blue -- did your mom have that set?!?) while in one of the shops. A few weeks before Christmas he told me that he bought a gift for me on eBay and was driving a few states away to pick it up. I left him voice mail that "I was the lady he was buying the Easy Bake Oven from" and after that we joked that he was getting me an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I opened a very heavy box on Christmas and there was a never-been-used set of those Pyrex bowls. I loved them! What a wonderful gift!! The next gift I opened was indeed an Easy Bake Oven--from 1964; the year my boyfriend was born. We gave each other very thoughtful gifts that year which made for a very memorable Christmas.

4 comments:

jksfam said...

Boyfriend?!?! I never knew... I guess that's what I get for not living there...

Amy D said...

What a cute story. You are, indeed, a very thoughtful person yourself! And speaking of Easy Bake ovens, our Spencer loves his Easy Bake oven...

jw said...

I remember that: happy times. That was one of our favorite Christmases ever, too, but that had as much to do with the Swendsorpat Extravaganza 2001 as anything else...

The soundtrack to which is still the greatest Christmas album ever made, if I do say so myself.

Now I'm missing Lowell Street something crazy. Dang.

African Kelli said...

Super sweet! That is fantastic.