Friday, December 07, 2007

Oldroyd elves










































My friends the Oldroyds came over tonight and helped me assemble and put lights my Christmas tree! Kim lived in our ward briefly when she came home from her mission (she's the eldest daughter in the Daniels family) and now she's got 5 kids and they are days away from leaving Boston (Jim has been an international faculty fellow at MIT) and weeks away from moving to Korea where Jim will teach business at a university. She went to NYC with me last Saturday--she had never been before! It was a fun evening and their kids are delightful! I showed them "Charlie Brown's Christmas" which they had never seen. They brought a yummy pie and this cute butterfly ornament. Just when we were starting to have fun they are going to be moving. Instead of crying about it I'm going to put the rest of the ornaments on my tree!

7 comments:

Amy D said...

It looks great so far! How tall is your tree? It looks very tall!

Kim said...

Boy, is that butterfly photogenic! Love your tree. Can't wait to see the final! Your place has so much character. I'm so glad we could come and visit!

Kim said...

I can't believe I made your blog! I'm big time now!

balmforth.family said...

Love the tree it's beautiful

Gracie said...

Your blog is SO great! I loved your house. Not to mention the cookies! Please give my Mom the recipe.

Cami said...

You have the best tree window ever. Lucky!

gloria said...

Ellen, thanks so much for the picutes of my grand kids! You're very good! Kim has had such a good time with you! I'm sorry they are leaving Boston already. We only made it out there once and it was so crazy we missed seeing you. Decorating the tree was a fun night for all of them. Your tree is huge and beautiful!