Sunday, December 03, 2006

I HEART NEW YORK!












I'm back. My cousin Jules and I had a grand time in The Big Apple...riding the Fung Wah bus from Boston for $15...shopping on Canal Street (I now have a nice supply of cheap headbands)...darting around the city on the subway (thanks Janette for the metro cards!)...seeing the huge Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center...riding the carousel in Central Park...visiting the Carters...cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery...riding home with neighborly neighbors (THANK YOU!!)...shopping for quilting fabric at Purl...discovering Mood (fabric store) in the garment district(WOW--overwhelming!)...cab rides...meeting my cousin Jim's delightful daughter from Denver for the first time (she was in NYC for a school trip)...a pastrami sandwich for lunch...pizza for dinner...the snowflake light show on the Saks Fifth Avenue building...shopping at the NYU bookstore (I bought a book with excerpts from NYT articles)...getting bumped from our hotel and into one that was still "under construction" (I guess that's what you get for $119 a night)...creme brulee at Cafe Lalo...walking around SoHo and Greenwich Village...showing Jules the Manhattan Temple and Stake Center and resting in the foyer for a few minutes...a craft/art show...and walking what seemed like 35 miles in two days. We made lots of memories and enjoyed the holiday spirit that's all around New York City this time of year!!!

[I can't seem to upload photos tonight so will try tomorrow.]

6 comments:

Hippofatamus said...

ok, I read this and instantly my mouth began to water. I love your description of your trip to NYC. First of all it envoked envy (I would love to go) and second it sounds like you are a "foodie". You mentioned pastrami sandwiches, pizza and creme brulee. I am instantly starving!

Elisabeth said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! I love the Angel Moroni picture. All the pictures are cool!!
Thanks for the ADORABLE fabric!
E

Anonymous said...

Your trip to NewYork sounds and looks amazing. I would so love to go there one day. It would be hard to choose a season to visit. They each have their perks.
It's Jolene...Blogger doesn't know me again. http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

smart mama said...

smart son lvoes to spot the fung-wah bus- one day i'll have to take him on it- great pics!

Dawnyel said...

Such fun! :) I wish I could go someday too!

Anonymous said...

This made me want to take the bus tomorrow to the Big Apple! I got a lemon bun there once (at a place I can't even remember) and it was the best pastry/dessert ever!!! I love the photo of the angel Moroni. Thanks for introducing me to more cousins.

jenifer