Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Which one's the mother, which one's the daughter?


I introduced myself to one of my neighbors yesterday. Her name is Nancy. She's lived in my building for 16 years. She's the mother of six and grandmother of seven. She retired from working in personnel at MIT and now teaches ESL. After chatting for a few minutes she said, "Tell me your name again." When I said "Ellen", she said, "Oh, I won't forget your name; one of my daughters is named Ellen." Then I said, "I won't forget your name; my mother's name is Nancy!"

3 comments:

Alb said...

Speaking of good ole Nan, how are the parents doing? My mom hasn't mentioned any contact of late although I'm sure there has been some.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! (You haven't changed a bit...)

Dawnyel said...

What a fun coincidence! By the way...I got that package from you yesterday! I LOVE IT! Thank you so much! The only problem is I DON'T want to use them...I want to frame them! :D