Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Where do I sign up for Anger Management?

Last night I ordered some reprints on-line from my favorite film/camera shop. Today when I went to pick them up 30 of the prints weren't right (they forgot my favorite white borders). I looked at the order sheet they printed out and I had placed my order correctly. I had also put my instructions in the "comments" section which apparently they don't read. The owner reminded me that humans are doing the work. Oh really? I thought they had a robot upstairs that operated the machines and filled the orders. I'm tired of "human error".

I was very annoyed for a few reasons, and I let them know. First--I had parked at a friend's house (and walked to and from the subway station) so I could pick up my pictures on my way home after work. Second--it was their mistake. I reminded them that they aren't the only store around that develops film and I could easily take my business elsewhere. I get all my reprints done there and I recommend them to my friends.

The manager gave me a coupon for 50 free 4x6 reprints and said she would mail my pictures to me tomorrow (I think she would have even delivered them to my home but I told her I live in a secure building). I'm still annoyed but I feel better. I don't think I really need Anger Management. I need to be a tough customer like I was today.

2 comments:

Dawnyel said...

I need that same attitude sometimes! Way to get what you want! :)

Swoopref said...

you sound just like your cousin.