Saturday, October 14, 2006

Another beautiful Fall Saturday in New England

What a gorgeous day! I got up at 7:30am to move my car (they were repairing and painting our parking lot today). Later this morning I took my neighborly neighbors for a walk into Lexington Center to the P.O. and a quilt show. We stopped on the way home to take some photos.

I've been wanting to go to Keepsake Quilting in New Hampshire (or "Cow Hampshire" as it is often called or "Dog Hampshire" as I sometimes call it since some friends sent their dog to dog training in N.H.) and decided at 2:00pm I was up for a drive. It was 2 hours up and 2 hours back. I bought all my red/blue reproduction fabric there for my first quilt I made. I've been in the "fabric collecting phase" for my second quilt and have wanted to check out what they have. It was a beautiful day for a drive. I cranked Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising". At one point I was driving down a hill and there was a quaint New England town in front of me with church spires and beautiful leaves. It was breathtaking!

I bought some cool fabric (for my next quilt and for a turkey project) and enjoyed walking around the store for an hour. The place was mobbed with a bus load of ladies from a quilting guild in Connecticut.

I have this thing for 30's reproduction fabric. Particularly, red 30's reproduction fabric. I asked if I could take photos and they said it was not a problem. Keepsake Quilting is an amazing store and they have a great collection of fabric.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home for 3 items...forgetting that you shouldn't shop for groceries when you are starving. That must be why I bought 3 boxes of cornbread mix, junior mints, and chocolate ice cream. Sixty dollars and 10 bags later I pulled into the newly repaired and painted parking lot at Muzzey High.

It was another beautiful Fall Saturday in New England...it's good for the soul...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day! The girls look so cute!

Dawnyel said...

Such a fun day! I absolutely love those pictures! :)
And those fabrics look amazing! What a fun quilt it will make! :)
Awww...you had so much fun...I'm so jealous!