Friday, October 27, 2006

pumpkin patch














After I taught my turkey class last night my friend Elisabeth taught a pumpkin class and I made one pumpkin. Elisabeth came over tonight and helped me make a dozen more! I did all the machine sewing and she did the stuffing and hand sewing on the tops. And then I glued the sticks (yes, I've got a glue gun). We had our own little assembly line going. The fabric came from Winmil Fabrics, one of the last fabric stores in downtown Boston. My favorite is the brown fabric. And you've got to admit, those teenie pumpkins are pretty cute!

Thanks for all your help Elisabeth! We're already brainstorming for winter projects...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B. just said to me- "You guys are freaks"- I agree, we're craftin' freaks!!
Thanks for a fun night, your pumpkins look so cute!

Dawnyel said...

I absolutely LOVE those pumpkins!! Talk about pumpkins that neighbor kids CAN'T smash and leave a mess with! (And you can use them year after year!) Love it!

Jodi and Jesse said...

I wish I could sew!!