Wednesday, October 18, 2006

striped tights

Over the weekend I crawled into my crawl space, went through my winter clothes and dragged them all upstairs. Then I went through my closet and drawers and sorted my summer clothes and put them in bins in the crawl space. I filled two big garbage bags with summer and winter clothes to donate or sell.

I grew up in L.A. Out there you have clothes. No winter clothes. No summer clothes. Just clothes. And, you don't ever move them. But I love having seasons and it feels good to sort/organize/donate clothes twice a year. During the process I came across a bag of dark socks and tights. I like wearing tights. I was at my trendsetter friend Julie's house over the weekend and noticed these really cool new striped tights on her dresser. I knew I had to have some too. I went to Target tonight and bought some cool striped tights. They were the same price as my green messenger bag.

There are a few drawbacks about cold weather: frozen hair, heating bills, and slipping on ice to name a few.

But there is one nifty thing about cold weather: striped tights!

4 comments:

Dawnyel said...

Love those cute socks! I think I'm a sock-junkie! I'll collect socks JUST because they're cute!! :) I have to agree with what makes cold weather bad! (I used to try and break off my hair when I was younger and it was frozen...almost did it a couple of times!!) :)

Tracey Kendall said...

I just have to say thank you for your post on my blog. It made me see life a whole lot clearer. Thank you!

Jody said...

I just saw that you had been over to my blog. So, I stopped by to say thanks and hello. =) Looks like beautiful fall is in full swing in your neck of the woods. Have a great weekend!

Misty said...

A woman after my own heart. I love striped tights!