Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Friends/Angels

Tonight I met up with friends Brett and Erin that moved from Boston ten years ago (and used to live upstairs from me in a two-family house). As we were driving from Boston to my condo, Brett changed lanes and I looked up to see why and saw that there was a disabled car in our lane. As we moved around it I recognized the license plate. I can probably recognize most of my friends' cars/license plates. Call me weird. Anyway, I looked over and there was my friend Darlyne stranded on a very busy road (Fresh Pond Parkway). We quickly turned into a parking lot and then ran up to the road to see if we could help her. Something had happened to her transmission. She had called AAA and they told her that she was a priority because of the location of her disabled car. Darlyne was on her way home from having oral surgery and was supposed to have ice on her mouth and needed to get her pain medication and she was upset about her predicament. Brett suggested that we try to push the car around to the parking lot to get it off the busy road. Just when we were working on the logistics of how to do that (who would steer, who would push), AAA came to the rescue. They really did bump Darlyne to the top of the list! We met her at the car repair shop where the tow truck left her car and then we took her to Walgreens to get her prescription, to Trader Joe's to get some dinner and then home. She called us angels.

Motto for today: It's always good to help a friend!

No comments: