Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dessert Dealer

I have been known to take baked goods to work on occasion. :) This morning a friend told me that she had been wanting some of my pumpkin chocolate chip bread. I told her that I was cutting back on my baking because I'm trying to lose some weight and she said, "The best drug dealers don't use their own drugs."

I had never really thought of it that way...

So I'll share my recipe with you (courtesy of Alecia Williams) and you never know, I might be baking at midnight tonight like the good old days and taking a treat to work tomorrow because I'm a complete sucker for a baking request.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
3 ½ cups flour
1 T baking soda
1 1/4 t. Salt
1 t cinnamon
4 eggs
3 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup oil
2/3 cup water
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside. Blend eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and water until mixed well. Add dry ingredients. Mix well and stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. It makes 7 small loaves.

No comments: