Saturday, May 27, 2006

Babysitter of the Year

I watched my friends' kids tonight. They have 3 boys ages 7, 6, and 3 and a little girl that is 1. They were all in their bedrooms when the parents left. The boys were reading and playing around and finally quieted down. I heard some random noises but didn't go in to check on them. About 9:00pm the 6 year old started moaning about missing his mom and wanted a drink. When I took the drink in I noticed the 3 year old wasn't on his mattress. I turned the light on and he wasn't in the room. How did he sneak away? I looked in the office. No Aaron. I looked in the kitchen and dining room. No Aaron. I started to panic. I went back in the room and asked the 6 year old where Aaron was. He didn't know. I started to panic more. I got down on my hands and knees to look around and noticed Aaron's BRIGHT RED HAIR on a pillow under the 7 year old's bed. I seriously thought I had lost a kid.

Years ago I babysat for friends. Their girls were probably 5 and 8. They were talking and playing and so I went upstairs to tell them it was time to go to sleep. The youngest one said, and I quote: "You are the worst babysitter in the entire universe."

Maybe she was right on.

No comments: