Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Circus is in town!



















I have memories of going to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in L.A. where I grew up. How could you forget three rings filled with animals, stunts on the highwire, acrobats, clowns, and non-stop excitement! And, a few times, our mom took us downtown the day that the circus animals got off the train and walked to the arena. It was a circus parade! So when I heard the Big Apple Circus would be in Boston, I decided to take my little redheaded 3 year old friend Aaron. I bought the cheapest tickets I could get (think obstructed view like in the old Boston Garden...) and we took the subway ("red train" and "green train") downtown for the big event. The circus is definitely more exciting when you are a kid (duh) but I think Aaron was a bit young to really understand the "Hollywood" theme though he did like the Star Wars characters. He lasted until the intermission and then wanted to go home. So we left, and as is the case with many downtown Boston events with kids, the subway ride to and from may very well have been the highlight!

1 comment:

Kal said...

What a cute kid!