Friday, September 10, 2010

Legal lunch











Every summer my old boss Roger and his wife Sally fly up from Florida and live in their condo on Beacon Hill. And every summer they treat me to lunch at Legal Seafood. After a few reschedulings we met today. It is always fun to catch up with them. Out of character, I ordered one of the specials: sweet potato encrusted haddock on a bed of green beans almondine with a mango sauce. It was delicious. And their rolls. Legal Seafood rolls are The Best.

Roger and I share the same birthday. I mentioned that this year was A Big One. He said, "forty"? I shook my head no and then he said, "thirty?" Then I reminded him that I was thirty when I worked for him twenty years ago.

My parents are cleaning out boxes and sending me lots of treasures (letters, jewelry, etc.) which I have enjoyed receiving. Recently they returned these two gift certificates to Legal Seafood that I gave my dad for his birthday in the early 90's. I'm hoping they are still Legal Tender.

2 comments:

LL said...

Funny. I'd say they are still legal :) I love that restaurant.

Unknown said...

Willyne and I discovered Legal's at Logan airport a few years ago when we arrived hungry after a cross-country flight. We've been hooked ever since -- we have even used the online ordering service and had them ship a gallon of their clam chowder to us in Utah for a special occasion. Call us crazy, but even the shipped chowder was absolutely wonderful! We'll be back in Boston next month for a few days and you can be sure they will be high on our "must do" list ...