Thursday, September 23, 2010

EP in the Boston Globe


































A few weeks ago I noticed this article in the Boston Globe. Imagine my surprise when I turned the page to see the picture that was taken the day the Boston Temple steeple was attached -- and I'm the one on the far right taking pictures in the picture! Let me back up. The Boston Temple was dedicated almost ten years ago (October 1, 2000) without a steeple. Almost a year later the steeple was put on and I was on the Public Affairs Committee and was able to be there that day with my camera. One of the workers even gave me a hard hat to wear as I walked around. I'll have to dig out some of my photos from that day and post them. I also ended up with the bolt that kept the Angel Moroni in place in a wooden box .



6 comments:

jw said...

So since that's you on the right, taking the picture, is that me, sitting down closer to the photographer who took this picture? I don't know very well what I look like from behind, but I was there with you the whole time (right? Or did you have some sneaky-alone-time that day?). Good times.

Mandy said...

That was TEN years ago? Holy cow. And Michael is STILL in school.

rebecca said...

I love it! My kids and I spotted you. :) I happened to drive by the temple that day took pics from the parking lot, then hustled to p/u Christina from school and hustle back just as they were hoisting Moroni on top. I'll never forget that day.

Swoopref said...

I am in favor of letting them build. If we mean what we say about freedom, you must let them build. Maybe other countries will see that and understand.

I agree with one author who wrote "not letting them build a soccer field there because the terrorist liked soccer" would be the same narrow thinking.

Alecia Williams said...

How cool is that QP? I can't believe that it has been ten years.

Unknown said...

great to see you in that picture! Not the first time Orrin Hatch is on the wrong side of an issue though! If a small faction from our church decided to murder thousands of people and then our church tried to build a temple on the site - I would oppose that too! Very bad idea and very offensive.