Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wreath Making Party




































































Tonight was my 22nd Wreath Making Party! It was really fun. Since I'm the RSP I got to conduct and make a few remarks. There were probably over 100 women there; and lots of friends. Everything worked out great (decorations, set-up, food) and I oversaw the clean-up and there was a great crew of workers and we were done by midnight (my goal). I observed a moment of silence for all my former Arlington Ward friends that no longer live here (and lots of you read my blog). You were all there in spirit! It's a toss up if it's the best Arlington Ward tradition or the Clambake. The Wreath Making Party is a great way to start the holiday season!

12 comments:

Katie said...

What a great night! Thanks for welcoming "the party crashers" from the Weston II ward with open arms.

Peggy in AZ said...

What a great tradition. We would love to come some time! Looks like Elisabeth was busy. Glad you all had a good time.

Angi said...

I WAS there in spirit. Oh the memories!

Elisabeth said...

I was really happy with how everything turned out, and I had lots of fun! (can't you tell by my lovely photo?)

rebecca said...

Ours was last night too and I conducted as well, noting the beginnings of the WM party and how neat it is how its' become a tradition for so many RS's. Such a great tradition!

gigi said...

Wow! Over a 100?? That is awesome! Always wanted to join you in this event!

Unknown said...

The amazing and decadent TREATS at this event make it worth the trip. I was thinking about you last night!

Stefani said...

i miss that event tons!!

LL said...

glad it all went so well...good luck with the rest of your week!
Good luck with your stand up routine on Sunday :)

Frozen Cacti said...

Aren't both traditions equally messy and time consuming, albeit really fun!?! Miss you guys.

Karen said...

Glad to be there in spirit!

KunzlerKlan said...

I so miss this activity. Wish I could have been there. Maybe someday!