Thursday, December 10, 2009

Book Club Christmas Party


















Tonight was our RS Book Club Christmas party; our traditional dinner and yankee swap book exchange. The meal was delicious and the yankee swap was fun. I ended up with an Ann Taintor book--I'm Becoming My Mother. I've been to yankee swaps that were brutal; I only had to steal the book from one person! The party was at the Dredge's home and it is beautifully decorated for Christmas including this display of Christmas books.

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Fun idea!

Becky said...

what a great idea! LOVE me some books. :)

LL said...

EP. you have the GREATEST ward, your RS Pres. must be a SUPERSTAR...love all the traditions!

Unknown said...

ditto LL.
Can we just sprinkle a bit of your ward over the rest of the state? You seem to have a large helping of the GOOD stuff!

Jodi and Jesse said...

Looks fun!

Sweetpea said...

Awww, I know that bookshelf! Miss it. It's the best house at Christmas! I think I'm biased...

Melanie said...

I have that Maurice Sendak Nutcracker book. Isn't it wonderful?? I think that mine has been "loved" a little bit more than yours. I don't know if I would have it out for company, but I love to reread it this time of year!!