Thursday, December 31, 2009

Guest blogger: The Niece













Aunt camp has not been all fun and games, it has called for sweat,blood,and tears as well. This latest update of "the blog" may astonish you as much as I, but please do not let it distort your friendship with Ellen(though I cannot promise myself the same.) The heartless act happened late last night or to more of you technical folks- early this morning at 1:30. For three hours of the little time left I have here remaining at aunt camp, I struggled against my tiredness to complete sewing a skirt with Ellen. After finally figuring out how to sew the complicated waist band, Ellen, told me(her beloved niece) to let her cut the seam, due to the fact that it is one of the more difficult tasks. She had my undivided attention- "Now, you want to make sure you lay the skirt down flat and hold the scissors at an angle as to avoid accidentally cutting the skirt." (can't you hear Ellen saying this is in a genuinely concerned voice? well what you can't imagine is what EP did next.) YES FOLKS EP CUT RIGHT THROUGH MY VERY HANDMADE SKIRT- DEFYING ALL THE DIRECTION SHE HAD JUST OFFERED TO MY BENEFIT!!!! Sure Ellen brought me to NYC, Vermont, Holiday Pops, Rhode Island, Walmart in New Hampshire, and much, much more. But folks that does not erase the unmistakable evidence that Ellen Red head Patton sliced right through Adrienne Angelic Patton's almost completed handmade skirt.
Thank you for reading

14 comments:

jksfam said...

BAD ep! ;) I'm sure you'll make it up to her somehow!

Rick Egan said...

I'm not sure what is more disturbing, Ellen cutting through your skirt, or taking you shopping at Wal-mart in New Hampshire.!

Angi said...

unforgivable.

Angi said...

EP--as RSP you should not better not to be a hypocrite. I knew you could not be trusted.
Randall

Swoopref said...

It must be part of a larger plan to teach you some value lesson that you will never forget.

She always has your best interest at heart.

Sweetpea said...

ACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! she better fix it.

Carla in GA said...

BUMMER!
A similar thing happened in Home Ec in High School when some girls over lapped their materials when cutting out their patterns. One of the girls cut half way through the pant leg. Uh oh. BUMMER!
EP can fix it.

LL said...

HOW DARE SHE.
I hear that Aunt "red head" EP is nothin' but T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

Unknown said...

!![GASP]!!

Wade said...

If I were you,I would punish EP and not return until May. That will teach her actions have consequences. Let her have a few months to think about what she did to your poor defenseless skirt.

rebecca said...

I knew that aunt camp was too good to be true.

Leslie said...

A creativity lesson, on purpose, on the sly.

Becky said...

LAUGHING!

gigi said...

Oh, you poor child!! Heaven have mercy on you and Auntie Ellen.